Pages

5.28.2012

What it feels like to no longer be a red lipstick VIRGIN ;)

It's a well known fact that red lipsticks are intimidating. But no matter how much it illicits fear, there's just something about it that girls can't resist. Including me. Red lipsticks used to scare the hell out of me. I've always admired the girls who can wear the shade with such confidence that left me wondering where they got the confidence to rock such a bold look. Celebrities like Christina Aguilera make it look so effortless and easy to wear whereas it always had me running for the hills. But in the grand old age of 19 I have finally popped my red lipstick cherry and let me tell you, it feels SO good ;)

It's liberating. It set me free. I literally feel like I can be whoever I want to be, that I can conquer the world. I find that I take on a different persona, that I suddenly become a whole new person as soon as I swipe a red lipstick on. In a lot of ways I'm still me but a better version of myself. I say goodbye to the shy, innocent girl who is filled with nothing but insecurities and doubts and say hello to a more confident me. I embrace the new me. Losing my red lipstick virginity was a risk that paid off. I certainly have no regrets. I don't know what it is but whenever I put on a red lipstick I always feel like a heavy weight has been lifted off my shoulders. If I had known it would feel like this I would have purchased my first red lipstick about a century ago.

Who knew it was so easy to go from being a girly, innocent girl to a full blown glamour-puss just with a quick coat of fire engine red? There's only 1 shade guaranteed to get you  attention with miminal effort. It's bold, it's bright, it's brave above all it's beautiful - RED. You can't get anymore glamourous and attractive with a red lipstick in your make-up bag.

Few things to remember when wearing a red lipstick:
1.) As a red lipstick is eye catching, attractive and bold enough on its own, the rest of the face should be kept simple and natural. A few coats of mascara, a little black eyeliner for drama is enough to complete the look. Let the lips be the centre of attention.

2.) To keep the look fresh, updated and young don't use lipliner and don't sculpt the color on. Use your ring finger instead to pat the color so you're able to control the intensity of the shade.

3.) The most important advice of all on how to rock the shade? Be confident. Forget about your insecurities and put on your biggest smile. Show a little bit of a bad girl attitude ( btw I don't mean for you to become a bitch. No one likes a bitch.) Just you know, show people they can't walk all over you.  Own the shade. Now let the whole world see you for who you truly are. A one hot girl ;)

Now where did I put my red lipstick?

3 comments:

  1. you look gorgeous in red!! you should wear it more often!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am totally intimidated by red lipstick. But really, it's just something to get used to. Love the color on you. You've got great skin tone for red.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look great with red lippies on! ^_^~

    ReplyDelete

If you have any questions relating to a product please don't hesitate to ask. I'd love to answer them. I'd always try to reply as promptly as I can. Thank you for taking the time to comment. I truly appreciate and read every single one of them. Have a beautiful day ahead of you, beautiful :)