Pages

8.25.2012

Revlon Lip Butter in Raspberry Pie

Because of my tendency to reach for and wear the same lipsticks over and over again, despite owning enough to be spoiled for choice, I decided to launch a new series here on my blog. The Lipstick Diaries is my way of sharing my lipsticks in my ever growing collection which unfortunately received very little to no love and attention from me. It's my little way of rectifying my mistake of ignoring these gorgeous shades. It's time to give them a taste of the spotlight even if it's only for a short time. Who knows maybe in the process of showcasing my unloved lipsticks I'll end up discovering new lipstick loves? Some I'll cherish wholeheartedly? Here's hoping anyway! :)


Left: x1 swipe, Right: x2 swipes

 
With Flash

Without flash

Raspberry Pie is one of those lipsticks that instantly makes you feel fully made up the minute it graces your lips. I can wear this gorgeous rich deep bright raspberry shade and feel like I have a face full of make-up. Certainly not a bad thing. Easy quick effort but leaves a massive impact. You see that's how a lazy girl like myself do the glamour look.

Who doesn't love a bit of Lip Butter? A bit of a cult product in the beauty blogging community since the day they were first launced. Everyone and their mother probably own atleast 1 and it wouldn't surprise me if I was right. The lip butter have a lot going for them. Gorgeous shades to choose from, lovely smooth texture and to top it all off, it comes in a sophisticated packaging. Need I say more?

Raspberry Pie goes on really smoothly like butter on a piece of toast. However, it wasn't as moisturising as I initially thought and hope it would be. Revlon claims that 94% of women found out that their lips were softer, smoother and instantly hydrated after applying the lip butters. Smoother? Yes. Hydrated? umm... Not so much. I belong in the 6% group of women who disagree but while its moisturising properties isn't up to scratch, Raspberry Pie is incredibly pigmented for what it is- a lipstick/lipgloss hybrid. The warm deep raspberry shade is intense and longwearing, lasting up to 5 hours on my lips with minimal drinking and eating. It leaves my lips with a healthy dose of shine too. 'Nuff said. :)

Ps. I had so much fun writing this post and I already can't wait to write #2 in the Lipstick Diaries. I hope other girls love reading it as much as I do.

What do you think about Revlon Lip Butters?Are they worth the hype? Join the debate below in the comments. :)

4 comments:

  1. I also have this one and I must say Raspberry Pie is my favorite shade from the entire Lip Butter collection :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love lip butter so much - my lips always feel so moisturised! And I love the colour you chose - truly gorgeous! <3

    x
    Lost in the Haze: a Fashion Photography Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. really pretty color...^_~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this shade so much, it's beautiful! xo

    ReplyDelete

If you have any questions relating to a product please don't hesitate to ask. I'd love to answer them. I'd always try to reply as promptly as I can. Thank you for taking the time to comment. I truly appreciate and read every single one of them. Have a beautiful day ahead of you, beautiful :)