Pages

9.07.2012

The Bronzed Sun-Kissed look


The bronzed sun kissed look is a firm favourite of mine and just about every other girl's too. It's uber popular and is easily one of the most worn make-up look. It's just so stunning. Radiance glow, sun kissed cheeks, shimmery eyes and nude peachy/coral lips . Oh my make-up God. So so beautiful. Drop dead goddess worthy look. What's not to love? But surprisingly just a couple of months ago I didn't give any toss about bronzers. I didn't give any care in the world about it. When I heard the word bronzer before, it automatically conjured up an image of oompa loompas in my mind. A vile too orange of a complexion. A look I'll never want to achieve. The horror of it all. Eughh.

I always knew bronzers can reap so many benefits. With the right application skills, bronzers can instantly add warmth and dimension to the face. When lightly dusted where the sun naturally hits the face ie the top of cheekbones, forehead, nose and chin, it can give you a healthy radiance complexion. Matte bronzers can contour, sculpt the face to instantly slim down the nose, chubby cheeks and hide double chins. It can literally hide a magnitude of sins while shimmering bronzers provide a golden glow to the skin. But having said all of that I still ignored bronzers like the proper rebel that I am, wasn't overly keen and fuss about them. However, fast forward to the present day and 3 bronzers later currently in my collection I can no longer imagine my life without them.

Bourjois Delice De Poudre Bronzing Powder started my newly found love for bronzers. Ever since my first taste I had never looked back. Now that's not to say I wear bronzers on a regular basis. To be quite honest I only reach for it on the rare occasions when I want to look more polish and when I want to put a bit more effort into my make-up. I'm incredibly lazy okay? :)  Right now I'm still  trying to master the art of contouring but I'm getting there albeit slowly but surely. After all a girl can't ever rush perfection. Practice makes perfect.

I've recently found a new bronzer love in Avon Arabian Glow Bronzing Pearls which had made the process of achieving that gorgeous sun kissed glow that much easier. I've been loving it so much throughout the entire summer, so much so I gathered up enough courage to churn out my face (not for the first time but it's always daunting and scary putting up my face for all to see) to show you its bronzey goodness. You're welcome :)



 
The Look:
 
To add a touch of radiance to my dull skin I opted for 1 of my newly acquired foundation purchases L'Oreal Lumi Magique in W3 Gold Linen.  Even though I've only tried it once - I have to say I'm already inlove with it. How on earth did I managed to live without it? It gives this beautiful radiance to my skin, it provides a light, natural looking coverage without ever masking my true skin. I'll go far as to say that to me it's my skin but better. Way better. Miles better.
 
Up next I swept a healthy, just the right amount of Avon Arabian Glow Bronzing Pearls on my cheeks for that sun-kissed glow. This product just works. It sculpts the cheekbones, adds the right amount of colour without ever looking too orange or muddy. When the pearls are swirled together , it creates the perfect shade for achieving that bronze look without looking OTT.  hmmm. My bronze hero. ;)
 
For the eyes I decided to skip my usual Buck/Smog/Darkhorse smokey eye. This look is all about the bronze cheeks and I wanted to keep the focus on that. A smokey eye will look too heavy for my liking so instead I just applied a soft wash of Toasted from the Urban Decay Naked Palette all over the lid.  Toasted has been my go to eyeshadow shade lately. A beautiful medium shimmery pinky brown, that when worn on its own is good enough for me.  Blends beautifully too. Ahh. How I love you Toasted. Several lashings of No 7 Lash Adapt mascara on my lashes later and that's my eye make-up sorted.
 
Now for the lips, I applied L'Oreal Glam Shine 407 Magnetic Nude Glow. It's a gorgeous colour for a lipgloss but I quickly found out that worn on its own it washed me out slightly so I decided to add several layers of MUA Lovehearts lipbalm in Kiss Me on top of it. And it was a match made in lip heaven. Kiss Me is a bright coral and it sealed off the look perfectly.

And voila that's my interpretation /version of the famous bronze sun-kissed look. I love the look so much that even if it's no longer summer I'll continue to wear the look. My personal bronze goddess icon? Kim Kardashian. That woman knows how to rock the look. Hurrah to the bronzing gods :)

And now for some Lols, here's a candid snapshot of yours truly:  taken by my brother while I was looking at mirror, totally unprepared. :) Don't say I don't treat you.
 

2 comments:

  1. Gian Joaquin30/9/12

    Beautiful! Makabili nga.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this bronzer looks gorgeous! the pearls are just like jewels to me! xx

    ReplyDelete

If you have any questions relating to a product please don't hesitate to ask. I'd love to answer them. I'd always try to reply as promptly as I can. Thank you for taking the time to comment. I truly appreciate and read every single one of them. Have a beautiful day ahead of you, beautiful :)