Pages

6.19.2013

Blast from the Past : Beauty Resolutions 2013

New Year. New set of beauty resolutions. You know how it is. ;) Fresh from my trip down achievement lane of just how well I stuck to my 2012 resolutions in  yesterday's post , it's time to unleash the new set of resolutions (but only to break 'em) I'm joking of course. :D

 
Beauty Resolution #1: Invest DON'T collect
 
Tempting as it may be to collect all the lipsticks under the sun, it just ain't practical. Yes we've already established the fact that I'm a bona fide beauty junkie. That much is not a secret anymore. There's nothing I love more than indulging in beauty  but let's face it. I have 1 face, meaning owning 1,000,000 lipsticks/ eye shadows while it's definitely fun, is just a bit excessive. So instead I'll choose to invest rather than collect. Does this mean I'll become a product/ brand snob? What a silly question. Course not. It doesn't matter if it's from a department store or the drugstore. I just have to ask myself the question will I die without this? If the answer is yes, then it'll make its way into my beauty stash. If no? Tough luck. The poor pet. Like I always say, quality over quantity is the only way to go. I'd rather have a relatively small collection filled to the brim with great beauty investments rather than a vast collection of so and so products. Makes sense huh?
 
 
Beauty Resolution #2: Always read the label
 
 
 It's no secret that all the beauty products we love to play with, contain a helluva lot of chemicals and then some. And here I was wondering why certain products irritate my skin. Up until I discovered I was actually allergic to a lot of chemicals ( confirmed by a skin patch allergy test carried out in a hospital) I never paid attention to labels. Read the product label? Puh lease. Isn't that something someone on a diet would do?  But hey I guess it also applies to cosmetics especially as I have very sensitive skin. Silly me eh?  While I'm no skin care guru, I know the usual suspects that are best avoided. Parabens, mineral oil and PABA are common culprits found in a lot of skin care items. Another harmful ingredient worth mentioning?  Formaldehyde - a nasty chemical found in most nail polishes. It's a known carcinogen- definitely a no go zone. Time to smarten up ladies.
 
 
Beauty Resolution #3: Wash, wash and wash the brushes
 
Ahh. The chore of cleaning make-up brushes. It's the biggest nuisance in the life of every beauty blogger.. I'm not the biggest fan of cleaning my brushes. Whilst some girls religiously wash their brushes without fail, my brushes can consider themselves lucky if they get some scrubbing action once every month. Terrible I know. May 2013 be the year I finally stick to a once in a week make-up brushes cleaning routine. The intention and determination is there. It's going to happen right?
 
 
Beauty Resolution #4: Do thy research
 
I'm not only a beauty junkie and beauty blogger. I'm also a massive fan of reading other beauty blogs. I have a handful that I constantly read religiously every day. The likes of Anna from viviannadoesmakeup, Corrie from dizzybrunette3, Estee from Essiebutton and Amelia from Liana Beauty all deserve a mention because I'm like their biggest fan in the world. Before I make a purchase I love checking their blogs out for any reviews to ensure that my money is being well spent. Nothing worse than purchasing a product only to find out that it's shit. Excuse my language. Google comes in so handy too. Just type a product and voila a list of reviews from other beauty blogs crops up. Research is KEY to avoid some beauty heartaches. I'm just going to keep on doing what I'm doing in 2013.
 
 
Beauty Resolution #5: Broaden my horizons
 
I love my neutral eyeshadows as much as the next girl. Owning both Naked 1 and 2 proves that but there are plenty more looks out there to try. I just need to get out of my comfort zone. While I can never see myself sporting blue eye shadow (the very thought of this just sends shiver up my spine) there's no harm in branching out to the likes of purple eye shadows teamed with a nice pink lipstick. The beauty industry offers vast amounts of products to try. It'll be a shame to waste the opportunity right?

1 comment:

  1. Great resolutions to always keep in mind, thanks for the excellent article Diane!

    ReplyDelete

If you have any questions relating to a product please don't hesitate to ask. I'd love to answer them. I'd always try to reply as promptly as I can. Thank you for taking the time to comment. I truly appreciate and read every single one of them. Have a beautiful day ahead of you, beautiful :)