Pages

6.28.2013

Bourjois Magic Nail Polish Remover - a miracle product?

Let's set the record straight here. Bourjois Magic Nail Polish Remover as the name suggests is nothing but a nail polish remover. Nothing more, nothing less but nevertheless it received so much attention from beauty bloggers since the day it was launched last year. A much hyped about product, hailed as a wonderful miracle product by a handful of ladies but let's cast all the attention it has been getting aside. Is this really a great invention sent by the beauty Gods from up above for us mere lazy mortals? A big fat resounding YES from me.

Nail polish removal is one of those pesky, time consuming task I'd always hated and never looked forward to doing and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future. All those cotton balls and nail polish remover = messy headache. So was I excited to try out Bourjois Magic Nail Polish Remover which claims to take off nail polish in a sec? You bet I was. And boy did it not disappoint me. ( Well it kind of did but more on that later.)


The concept is nothing we've never seen before. Before the brains over at Bourjois came up with this rather clever idea, I'd already seen cheaper alternatives with packaging to match hence the reason why I'd never picked one up on the many occasions  I found myself perusing the aisles of Boots. So what exactly is the deal with it?

The black sponge inside is soaked with acetone and parabens free nail polish remover. You dip each finger into the tiny hole, give it a couple of twists and then just like that, the polish is removed. The 1 second claim is misleading. It certainly takes longer than a sec to remove the polish. 1 sec? More like 5 to 6 seconds. But with that being said, this innovative invention is still time efficient because at least you're removing the need for soaking a cotton ball with nail polish remover first before eventually scrubbing it all off. What usually takes 5 to 6 minutes now takes me less than 2 mins tops to do. So far, so good.

Some nail polishes depending on the number of coats you have on each nail, will require a bit more pressure when twisting to remove it all. But I guess that's already to be expected.  The sponge inside the pot is held firmly and when I began using this which was nearly 10 months ago, my nails felt nicely snug inside. However, overtime with continued use, the sponge became less firm and I often find that whilst twisting my nails inside, I have to press my nails to the sides of the sponge a little harder and really give it a good twist to ensure every last trace of polish is removed.

One noticeable flaw of this invention is the fact that it's a little bit more difficult to remove the polish around the edges of my nails, seeing as it's sort of difficult to position your nails in such a way that the sponge can easily target the area. A good side to side motion and a couple of twists, usually sorts this dilemma.

Another not so great aspect of this polish remover? It has to be the light greasy residue it often leaves behind. But since this product is formulated with sweet almond oil to nourish and condition the nails, it doesn't come much of a surprise. I usually massage the greasy residue into and around my nails to ensure the oil is evenly distributed around the nail but paying more attention to my cuticles. And I find that it does a pretty awesome job in nourishing my nails. One of the things I hate about using bog standard normal nail polish remover is the dryness that often comes with using it. My nails were always left looking and feeling quite dry. But alas, with this offering from Bourjois my nails always feel soft to the touch, once the greasy residue has dried off. See it's about seeing the positive rather than the negative :) But if you really can't stand it, you can always just rinse it off. It also has a lovely fruity scent courtesy of the red fruit and vanilla fragrance. It can come across a bit too strong at times so a little warning but I personally don't mind it.

So is it a miracle product? Not really. Is it a must have? Hmm. Probably not but for someone who likes the convenience it offers - it's an instant repurchase fo'sho. Priced at £4.99 for 75mls in Boots it's a worthwhile investment.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. Ive also tried this product and i love it, so easy, your blog is just lovely, keep up the good work :)

    I'm hosting a ASOS giveaway on my blog, pop over and have a look if you want

    x

    ReplyDelete

If you have any questions relating to a product please don't hesitate to ask. I'd love to answer them. I'd always try to reply as promptly as I can. Thank you for taking the time to comment. I truly appreciate and read every single one of them. Have a beautiful day ahead of you, beautiful :)