Pages

6.07.2014

Learning to love glosses (once more): Benefit Ultra Plush lip gloss in Coralista


When it comes to the subject of lip products, it has always been about lipsticks for me. And that has remained unchanged, for the last 3 years or so. I barely touched lipglosses apart from 1 or 2. (Revlon Colorburst lipgloss in Sizzle, I still love you) I could rave about lipsticks until my last dying breath but as of late, I find myself giving lipglosses a second glance. What's going on?  I think the majority of it has got to do with the fact that most brands now are stepping up their game, releasing lipglosses with top notch, non-sticky formulas. A long answered prayer? You betcha. Brands have finally realized that us gals will not settle for less and sticky, tacky and gloopy formulas no longer have a room in our lives. Take Benefit for example.

Okay. So the Ultra Plush lipglosses  aren't exactly new. They have been around since 2012 (forever joining the party late, me)  I heard quite a few good things about them but never got the chance to try any shade until ELLE UK decided to give a free sample last year. Pretty soon, Coralista was mine.

Coralista is a beautiful sheer coral, housed in a squeeze tube with a slanted tip applicator which makes application a cinch. Not to mention, more hygienic compared to standard doe foot applicators. Coralista looks very vibrant and bold when swatched and in the tube but unfortunately, the same can't be said about its actual appearance on the lips. As it applies very sheer, it does require a few layers to coat my lips with a subtle, light orange-coral tint. However, while the lack of pigmentation is quite a turn off, the silky and smooth consistency feels really comfortable on the lips, injecting a healthy dose of shine that's never too much, always just right. Leaving the lips looking plump and healthier, living true to its name of being an ultra 'plush' gloss. Stickiness? There's none of that here. Hence, why it gives the lips a cushiony, luxurious and moisturizing feel.

The silky consistency offers an advantage in the sense that, not only does it feel great but it also ensures that when you find yourself, layering the gloss on your puckers, lips are not left feeling tacky in the slightest. The disadvantage of a non-sticky formula? It only lasts around the one and a half hour mark. But I'd always prefer to wear such formula that requires frequent reapplication rather than a lipgloss that refuses to budge because it feels like glue on the lips.

The jury is still out on whether I'm willing to purchase a full size version, once I get around to finishing this sample. Reason Number 1: While I adore the formula for the comfort that envelops my lips, parting ways with 21 euro is a bit out of my budget. If only Coralista had more pigmentation, then I'd certainly entertain the thought of a future purchase but for now, I'm holding it off. Reason Number 2: With the amount of lip products I have that are in rotation, the chance of me reaching the end of a product is 0. (Shaking my head)

So while my love affair with lipglosses has not been fully ignited to a bona fide obsession, I'm coming around to them, slowly but surely. What's the saying that people say about what makes for a great relationship? Taking it slow and steady is the only way to win the race and build a lasting relationship. Yes that's the one. Consider me told. Watch this space. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any questions relating to a product please don't hesitate to ask. I'd love to answer them. I'd always try to reply as promptly as I can. Thank you for taking the time to comment. I truly appreciate and read every single one of them. Have a beautiful day ahead of you, beautiful :)