Pages

12.27.2014

Rocking THAT red lip: Mac Ruby Woo

As soon as the festive season rolls around, red lipsticks go straight up to the top of my must have list. Don't get me wrong. I'm one of those girls who refuses to let the season dictate what shade to go for. If I feel like sporting pastels in the middle of winter, then so be it. And the same goes for rocking bold, deep hues in the middle of scorching weather. But, come Christmas time, I like to abide by the rules and stick to the old tradition of rocking a red lip. Red lipstick. Such a classic. I'm not one for shying away from a fiery hue. The bolder it is, the better. And when you want a statement pout that packs a high impact punch, Mac's Ruby Woo is the one to turn to. I have other red lipsticks in my beauty arsenal, but this bad boy is the ONE.

I'm not the first person to openly gush about this offering from Mac and I certainly won't be the last. It has received countless raves and rightly so. Ruby Woo, a cool toned pillar box red with strong blue understones imparts a true matte velvety finish on the lips. I ADORE it. One swipe and you have an opaque coverage. It's a universal flattering red on any skin tones. I have yet to spot a girl who Ruby Woo didn't agree with. However, the intense colour payoff and impressive staying power (it lasts and lasts provided you don't eat/drink) come at a price.

As Ruby Woo is part of the Retro Matte clan, it is drying on the lips. Unsurprisingly, it becomes progressively drying as the hours go by. To minimise such dryness, good prep before application is compulsory. Exfoliation with a trusted lip scrub and a slick of lip balm are your essential best friends. Provided your lips are not already dry or chapped, prior to applying it, working with Ruby Woo should be fine. Quick heads up though: it's no easy feat. Due to the extremely matte finish, Ruby Woo has a dry texture, hence why I find that it tugs and drags on the lips when applied directly from the bullet. Thus, I personally prefer enlisting the help of a lip brush to apply it. This not only leads to easier application, but it also allows me to gain greater control and precision.

In a perfect world, Ruby Woo would be a breeze to apply, but seeing as it's the perfect true red and long-lasting, I think we can all look past the dryness that accompanies it. Just look at that thing of beauty. No wonder why it's been gracing my lips for the entire of December. Ain't she just beautiful? In fact, it's so beautiful, I've been known to be that girl who likes to slick this on whilst wearing my pyjamas with nowhere to go. Just because. To borrow the words of Iggy Azalea, 'I'm so fancy, you already know' or should I say 'I'm so glamorous, you already know'. Let's just leave it at that.

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous! It looks so beautiful on you <3 xo

    ReplyDelete

If you have any questions relating to a product please don't hesitate to ask. I'd love to answer them. I'd always try to reply as promptly as I can. Thank you for taking the time to comment. I truly appreciate and read every single one of them. Have a beautiful day ahead of you, beautiful :)