Pages

6.03.2015

I spy.... a rather big Boots haul.


Breaking news: I can't set foot in Boots unsupervised, because left to my own devices, I'd end up shopping for the entire of Ireland. I'd end up walking away with a million and one products I truly don't need which brings us here, folks. I call it the got to catch 'em all syndrome. It's pretty bad and there's no cure. Not like I'm going out of my way to find one. In fact, I've spent some serious amount on cosmetics in the last few weeks. Let's just say that the word regret is not in my vocabulary.

While I have a solid base wardrobe that's currently serving me well (I'm still 1289745 inches deep in love with Bourjois CC Cream) the beauty addict in me wanted to road test other foundations. L'Oreal Infallible 24 Hour Foundation in 235 Honey is a pretty reliable option for evening out the complexion and covering blemishes without masking. The thick consistency is not something I'm normally used to. Most of my favorite bases such as Bourjois CC Cream and Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum have a runny consistency that blends so seamlessly into the skin. but surprisingly this offering from L'Oreal blends easily as well. It provides a medium to high coverage without leaving the face in a cakey mess. As it's enriched with hydrating hyaluron, I find that it's very comfortable to wear and very forgiving on the ol' dry patches. Plus points? My dry skin is loving the radiant finish. I'm rather besotted with it. The consistency of Maybelline Dream Flawless Nude Foundation in 40 Fawn is the complete opposite. It's definitely more watery, hence it applies so easily. I prefer using my fingers with this one as the heat from my fingertips just makes it easier to apply.For a foundation that is so weightless on the skin, it offers an impressive virtually flawless coverage. Although gals with acne scars etc may need to enlist the help of concealers.

I rarely use powder to set my make-up in place as I constantly suffer from dry patches (I swear I drink my 8 glasses of water a day) but I also suffer from oily t-zone throughout the day. The majority of the time, I'm usually in the comfort of my own home when my face resembles a frying pan but for days when I'm 99.9% sure I'm going to need some mattifying action, I purchased Bourjois Health Balance Powder in 53 Light Beige to help combat shine and this lightweight, finely milled pressed powder does a stellar job. Banishes any unwanted shine, it sets foundation beautifully (This is a must-have when I use the Healthy Mix Serum) whilst still retaining some sheen thus my complexion never looks flat. In short, this baby mattifies, but it knows where to draw the line. Awesome. 

These past few weeks, I barely recognise myself in the mirror anymore. What makes me say that? Well, I've gone from not wearing mascara at all, to wearing it every. single. day. Trust me, I'm very suprised too. Gone are the days when I wouldn't give them the time of day. I never bothered with them as I found them too time consuming to apply and for what? In exchange of little to no effect on my lashes? Hell no, this girl ain't got the time. But then I picked up Bourjois Volume 1 Seconde mascara and now I'm freaking obsessed with lashing on the stuff as if there's no tomorrow. To make up for lost time, I went ahead and picked up two more mascaras in the form of Maybelline Lash Sensational mascara and Max Factor Masterpiece Glamour Extensions in the span of a week. Yes a week. The Bourjois mascara is great at volumising and lengthening. The thick wand grabs every lash, coats them with the jet black formula  and leaves them looking ten times better. My only gripe with the formula is that it smudges so at the end of the day, I've to be prepared to say hi to panda eyes, but I can live with that. The Maybelline one is rather clever. The wand contains small inner bristles that captures each lash even the teeny tiny ones, lengthening them in the process. Simply rotate the wand to use the outer bristles and it builds up where the tiny bristles left off. Volumising thus creating fuller looking lashes without clumping. As for the Max Factor? I haven't tried it yet so I can't give my two cents.

Speaking of not trying products yet, I purchased L'Oreal Infallible Mattifying Base and Bourjois Happy Light Matte Serum Primer but haven't given them a try. I don't know why I went for two mattifying primers considering I love a good dewy complexion. Told you, I don't recognise myself anymore. WHO are you?!?

I'm a massive fan of the Bourjois Color Boost Crayons and for good reason. Glossy, pigmented and hydrating, it's easy to see why I'm smitten. Bourjois brought out new shades earlier on this year and Sweet Macchiato a brown toned warm berry shade joined Orange Punch and Red Sunrise in my collection. Like its siblings, it's a must-have.

Are french manicures and pedicures still a thing? According to Sali Hughes it's a resounding no and I quote from her Pretty Honest book ''French manicures are absolutely not invited to join the twenty-first century'' I love Sali, but I beg to disagree. Call me old-fashioned, but a couple of weeks ago, I felt nostalgic and as a massive throwback to my 15 year old self obsessed with pink nail polish combined with bright white tips, I bought the Bourjois French Manicure Kit. Because sometimes, you have to be a rebel.

From the moment Essie Fiji entered the scene, I've spent quite a lot of time day dreaming about the next shade deserving a place in my collection (only A-listers are allowed). It was a close fight between Mint Candy Apple, Bordeaux and Lilacism, but in the end I ended up going for the Essie Wedding Collection because hello, the cuteness. This mini set includes Hubby For Dessert (love the name) a pale milky lilac, Vanity Fairest a sheer shimmery baby pink and Brides No Grooms (Essie is killing me with the cuteness) a bright pink.These trio got me wishing I was heading to the altar already. Question is, which shade is the ONE? All three shades are super duper easy to apply. I like that a lot.

Because I live by the mantra that a girl can never have enough brushes to paint her daily masterpiece, as soon as I found out that Sam and Nic Chapman were releasing the Bold Metals Collection, a new line of luxe brushes, I knew it was only a matter of time before I succumbed. Out of all the brushes available, the 301 Flat Contour brush got my full attention. I suppose, a never ending contouring obsession does that to a person. Honestly, I haven't given this a road test yet as I'm saving it for when I get my hands on the Charlotte Tilbury Norman Parkinson Filmstar Bronze and Glow. I have the powder version , but I see this brush working best with cream formulas, hence the waiting game. July, pls come soon. A full report card will be up when I finally put it to the test, but for now? Let's just admire the pretty rose gold packaging.

Right at this point, I think it's time I surrender my debit card and Boots Advantage Card to someone, but not before I pick up more Essie polishes. #noselfcontrol

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any questions relating to a product please don't hesitate to ask. I'd love to answer them. I'd always try to reply as promptly as I can. Thank you for taking the time to comment. I truly appreciate and read every single one of them. Have a beautiful day ahead of you, beautiful :)