Pages

7.10.2015

Big Love for Bourjois


The world of beauty is notoriously fickle. With new products being launched on a daily basis, our loyalties for brands and their products are regularly put to the test. The must have product today, will soon become yesterday's news as we try to keep up with the latest releases. However, a quick browse through my beauty stash and it's pretty clear that I'm loyal to one drugstore/highstreet brand. Bourjois, je t'aime. From their foundations, primers, concealers, mascaras, lip products and right down to their nail care products, you name it, I've tried it. Not all products take my fancy, but for the most part, Bourjois hardly puts a foot wrong. Thus it's one of the few brands I genuinely get very excited about when I hear they're launching new products. Below is my edit of the best products it has to offer.

When I think of bases, Bourjois automatically springs to mind because they know exactly where it's at. My love for Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Cream is well documented. A great everyday base because it's not only a dream to apply, the natural looking sheer luminous finish instantly counteracts fatigue and redness. It has a light to medium coverage. Great for ladies who prefer to keep their bases lightweight, fuss-free (finger application is best suited here) and as simple as can be. If I'm looking for more coverage, I reach for the Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation in 55 Dark Beige. It has to be said that the level of coverage still sits between light to medium, depending on method of application. Personally, I prefer to apply it using my fingers. However, applying it with the Real Techniques Buffing Brush would certainly boost its coverage. As the consistency differs from the CC Cream (think less runny and more 'gel' like) it covers blemishes in a way that my beloved CC Cream can't. It imparts a dewy radiant finish, creating a complexion that's fresh, glowing and youthful. Infused with lychee, goji berries and pomegranate, I find the formula hydrating and a savior of dry skin. Just don't forget to set it with a mattifying powder as things can get oily throughout the day.

The Healthy Balance Powder in 53 Light Beige go hand in hand with the Healthy Mix Serum and other foundations with dewy finishes. Quick dusting of this over my t-zone and that's oiliness kept at arm's length. It mattifies, but still manages to let a hint of radiance to peek through, thus preventing the skin from looking flat and cakey. It's my go to for setting my under- eye concealer too.

These days, mascaras are definitely back on my radar and I have Volume 1 Seconde Mascara to thank for that. It single-handedly reingited my interest in mascaras. It lengthens, defines, volumises and manages to hold a curl without leaving my lashes in a clumpy mess. Only downside? It smudges as the day goes by, but nothing a swipe using my pinky won't fix.

And lastly we have Rouge Edition Velvet in 05 Ole Flamingo. No adjectives will ever suffice to fully capture how I feel about this lip shade. Let's just say I can no longer imagine my life without it. This vibrant deep cerise pink  will forever be my fave drugstore lip product. I simply don't have anything quite like it in my collection. For days I'm feeling more drab than fab, I reach for this and it brightens up my complexion. It's THE shade I know I can slick on and feel instantly good in. Matte and opaque, it stays on and on with a stain that lasts up to 6 hours. And no, the compliments I receive whenever I'm wearing this have nothing to do with it. I swear. ;)

Two products that deserve honorable mentions are Magic 2 in 1 nail polish remover and Instant Dry Nail Drops because removing nail polishes and waiting for them to dry are two things no girl should ever endure for long, if there's a way to do it half the time.

And there we have it. Clearly when it comes to drugstore beauty, Bourjois wears the crown. I'm open for a debate though. Agree or disagree?

1 comment:

  1. I love the foundation, is one of my all time favourites!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete

If you have any questions relating to a product please don't hesitate to ask. I'd love to answer them. I'd always try to reply as promptly as I can. Thank you for taking the time to comment. I truly appreciate and read every single one of them. Have a beautiful day ahead of you, beautiful :)