Pages

1.18.2016

A Beautiful Haven


New make-up purchases excites me like no other, but the arrival of a new haven for all my must-haves turns me into a giddy five year old. While ultimately it is what's inside that counts, it can't be denied that owning a gorgeous make-up bag is just darn satisfying. 2015 saw me fell head over heels in love with Charlotte Tilbury. Can that woman set a foot wrong? No she can't. She truly can't. The quality of her products are outstanding. Quite frankly, if you have never tried the Filmstar Bronze and Glow or the K.I.S.S.I.N.G lipstick in Bitch Perfect and the Lip Cheat in Pillow Talk, then you haven't lived.

But as much as I can ramble on about her products all day, err' day, I'm here to talk about this stunning limited edition make-up bag. Released as part of her Christmas 2015 collection, this deep burgundy bag caught my attention straightaway. And how could it not when it is printed with rose gold lip prints of some of the most iconic women in fashion? It doesn't actually state whose lips belong to who, but I guess that's the trivia of the day. The back of the bag features a lovely quote which I wholeheartedly agree with 'Give a woman the right make-up and she can conquer the world' Make-up to me is so much more than just painting a face. It's not about erasing or hiding the real you. But rather, it's about highlighting your features and creating a stronger and confident persona, one who feels that she can accomplish anything she sets her mind to. The star of the show though? THAT adorable lipstick charm zipper which is pretty much a ultra mini version of her iconic rose-gold lipstick tube. Call me a shallow gal, but I just appreciate pretty delicate things. The bag is made of cotton and features a black lining inside. The soft structure of this canvas bag means that it is roomier than most make-up bags. Thus it can hold a lot of products inside. (The hoarder in me is doing the salsa right now.) Because who leaves the house with just one lipstick? 1? Try 7. Oops.

It's not perfect though. It's not machine-washable due to the nature of the special foil used to create the lip prints. Overtime, I can see it fading especially if not treated with care. The burgundy is a lovely shade for the bag, but because of it, any dirt/imperfections that it comes to contact with, is highlighted and is easily visible. For this reason, I don't tend to use it on a daily basis. I'd like to maintain its pristine condition for as long as possible. It looks so chic on top of my Ikea Malm Dressing Table, housing my current favourite high-end make-up.

Pretty, spacious and just so pleasing to the eye? It's a no-brainer. If you'd like to treat yourself to one while you still can, you can grab one from Brown Thomas for €42. A bit too steep for a make-up bag, yes but it feels well-crafted and have I already mentioned just how beautiful it looks? I am shallow, aren't I? #sorrynotsorry

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any questions relating to a product please don't hesitate to ask. I'd love to answer them. I'd always try to reply as promptly as I can. Thank you for taking the time to comment. I truly appreciate and read every single one of them. Have a beautiful day ahead of you, beautiful :)