Pages

1.11.2016

The Many Beauty Loves of 2015


A new year marks the arrival of the 'new year, new me' mantra, but for me it only means one thing: it's time to share the many beauty discoveries which made my 2015 all the more special and beautiful. I have a lot of love for each of the products and I don't see the love disappearing anytime soon in 2016.

The Face Products

Benefit The Porefessional is a product I have loved since 2011. I consider it a triple threat. Firstly, it creates a silky smooth base, allowing my foundation to glide easily on top. Secondly, it helps to prolong the wear time of my make-up. Thirdly and the main reason it stood the test of time? It fills in pores, instantly reducing and disguising the appearance of those tiny rascals that took up permanent residence on my cheeks.

For the actual base, Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua in 40 Beige takes home the crown. For a complexion that screams 'my skin, but better', look no further. It just looks SO NATURAL on the skin. It doesn't offer that much coverage, but I don't need it too. I just need some redness to disappear and this does it for me, while leaving me with skin that just looks healthy and fresh. My skin just loves it to bits. And then for days when I need a little bit of help in the hydration department, bareMinerals Complexion Rescue in 07 Tan as its name suggests, definitely came to my rescue each time without fail. This amazing tinted moisturiser evens out skin tone, offers hydration and a radiant coverage that gives life back to dull and tired looking complexions. Once blended with fingertips, it just leaves a veil of dewiness that never looks overdone, just right. Light, easy to apply and blend, I don't think words are enough to give justice to its amazingness.

As both bases offer light, sheer coverages, there were days I struggled with blemishes and hence, required more coverage and it's for that reason why I gave into the hype and purchased NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Custard I spent the first half of 2015 falling in love with this concealer due to its ability to offer full coverage while not venturing into cakey-mess town. Blemishes and redness do not pose any challenges to its ability to conceal with great ease. The creamy formula just blends easily, instantly masking and blurring out imperfections. Achieving flawless skin has never been easier with this by my side. Think of it as an instagram filter in tube form. As much as I adore Nars offering, the beauty junkie in me got bored reaching for the same concealer on a daily basis. I did some research and concluded that I needed to try  Bobbi Brown Corrector in Light to Medium Peach and Creamy Concealer in Natural. And boy, what a great call that was. My stubborn we refuse to go away dark under-eye circles will always be in dire need of help. One look at my make-up free face will reveal that my dark circles are the bane of my existence. However, they don't stand a chance against these bad boys. The peachiness of the corrector neutralises dark purple/blue undertones, immediately brightening the under-eye area. The magic just happens and when I apply the concealer on top, I'm left looking fresh and like I actually had a decent amount of sleep. Needless to say, I will be lost without these in my make-up bag.

I've long accepted the harsh truth that I ain't no Candice Swanepoel. I'm not even close. But that hasn't stopped me from wishing I was blessed with cheekbones to die for. So I'll let you in on my secret to cheating your way to having sculpted cheekbones. Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze and Glow is the answer to my potato-loving woes. It's undoubtedly my favorite product of 2015. I've used it every single day (on the days I was wearing make-up). Despite that though, I have yet to hit pan. That's because I only need a tiny amount to see a difference in my bone structure. The bronzer is a medium brown which works as a great contour shade. The soft, finely-milled texture applies and blends into the skin with little effort. Hey, sexy slim cheekbones. You fine, fine thang...... As for the highlighter, it's a light champagne beige that provides a luminous, glowing finish without looking OTT. Yes, it's expensive coming in at €65 (eek), but cast the exquisite gold packaging aside, the products inside are definitely worth it. Candice who? ;) For something that is more budget-friendly, Soap and Glory Solar Powder makes for a great alternative as it pretty much creates the same effect, for a fraction of the price. It adds warmth and definition, resulting in a glowing and bronzed complexion. I like to use the bronzer and highlighter together by swirling my brush over the two sides as it creates the most beautiful glow EVER. The buttery-soft texture just seals the deal for me.

Blush wise, it can only be Too Faced Love Blush in Baby Love This soft neutral rose sits so beautifully on the skin. It offers a long-wearing natural-looking flush with a subtle golden sheen finish. Plus points that it also helps to sculpt cheekbones. I didn't feel the need to reach for my Filmstar Bronze and Glow whenever I wore this. It just breaks my heart that I broke it last year. RIP, Baby Love. But don't you worry, I will make it my mission to be reunited with you this year.


Eyes


Charlotte Tilbury Luxury Palette in The Dolce Vita made my heart flutter at the mere sight of it. An eyeshadow palette that houses four richly-pigmented beautiful warm-toned neutral shades. This is the only palette I reached for when doing my make-up for night outs as it readily creates such a sultry sexy smokey eye. The top two shades and the dark brown are wearable on their lonesome, but it is when they are paired together that works best. The textures of the shades are buttery and blendable. The star of this quad though? THAT pressed pigment copper-brown sitting oh so prettily at the bottom left. The three shades minus the glitter already makes a gorgeous eye look,but when you dab the third shade over the other shades, the micro-glitter just adds a little 'somethin' somethin' taking it from wow to WOAH.  So if it's a subtle or dramatic look you're after, you better believe that this is  the ONE.  Pair it with the  Too Faced Shadow Insurance and they ain't going nowhere. It makes for a great eyeshadow base. 

Lip Products

What's this? Seven lip product favourites? Can you tell I'm an indecisive person? Sure we can just say I picked a product for every day of the week. Let's start with the lip liners because we all know that 2015 WAS the year when they came back to every girls' radar. And we all can thank Kylie Jenner for that. Mac Soar was hard to track down due to its popularity, but trust me when I say it's worth all the hassle. This cool-toned deep mauve-pink is just pretty. Smooth and creamy, it just applies so easily. Another must-have lipliner for me was Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat in Pillow Talk When you can no longer imagine life without a product, you know it's for keeps. This pinky muted nude just looks awesome on its own. I love that it makes my lips look more fuller and plump,while still looking so flattering. It's incredibly long-wearing too.

I'm a girl who loves a red lipstick or two, and one that certainly impressed me last year was Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Outlaw a true red, it stays on and on and on (you get the gist) when they call it everlasting, they mean it. Rocking red lipstick requires dedication when maintaining its appearance during the day, but the formula of this is so long-lasting, you hardly ever need to touch up on the go. It has a straight up matte finish, but isn't as drying as Mac Ruby Woo. Whilst on the subject of bold lips, I can't not include Mac Relentlessly Red as it was the only lipstick I wore in Majorca for four days straight. This dark coral is a great complexion-boosting option.  For an everyday lipstick, I have two fab favorites.  Mac Brave a soft medium pink looks great on its own or paired with Soar. The love I feel for Charlotte Tilbury Bitch Perfect is on a whole different level. And no, the name doesn't have anything to do with it, but now that I think about it, it makes total sense as it is for a lack of a better word: PERFECT.  From the muted medium nude pink shade to the light shine finish it gives, I am besotted with it. It just imparts the right amount of sheen (not gloss) which gives lips a fuller and smoother appearance. And for something that is definitely a want than a need, an extravagant purchase, Dior Lip Glow is that product I never knew I needed until I owned it. It's essentially, a very expensive lip balm, with a €36 price tag, but it looks so gooood on top of my dressing table, I can turn a blind eye. Don't be fooled though. The greatness is not only superficial. It's a lovely hydrating lip balm which reacts with the chemistry of your lips, creating a pink shade that's so pretty as it is unique and flattering.
Beauty Tools

Two beauty tools I required on a daily basis were Bobbi Brown Full Coverage Face &Touch Up Brush and the Charlotte Tilbury Powder & Sculpt Brush. Prior to acquiring the Bobbi Brown brush, the Buffing Brush from Real Techniques was all I ever used. For THREE years. If that's not love, I don't know what is. However, when I purchased the Bobbi Brown corrector and concealer, the saleslady applied the products using this brush and I was instantly impressed with how easily it blended the products evenly and smoothly. A rather clever brush, one end features the Full Coverage Face and the other end is a small concealer brush made perfectly for the under-eye area. Finding out that it's a limited edition release made me want it even more so it went home with me. The former makes for a great all-rounder base brush. It really reminds me of the RT buffing brush, but just a tad firmer. The bristles are so soft and works brilliantly at buffing in foundations, thereby leaving a seamless finish. As for the latter? The Powder & Sculpt brush creates cheekbones you never knew you even had. This and the Filmstar Bronze & Glow palette are my favorite investments of 2015.

It never ceases to amaze me how long I can ramble on about my makeup musings. But I guess when you love a product so much, there's no way you can stop gushing. Here's to many more musings in 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any questions relating to a product please don't hesitate to ask. I'd love to answer them. I'd always try to reply as promptly as I can. Thank you for taking the time to comment. I truly appreciate and read every single one of them. Have a beautiful day ahead of you, beautiful :)